What is Fire and Insurance Ratings?
- It must be clearly stated that the classification for fire resistance does make a difference in the event of a tragedy
- The classification appears to explain the length of time that any given safe should be exposed to fire. The Insurance rating is the quality of safe and its rating as opposed to the value within it.
- OZ SAFE not only builds the BEST safes, but backs them with the highest fire protection rating in the industry. All seal types are intumescent, that means they swell under the effects of heat when temperatures rise.
- It is strongly recommended you review your insurance policy to understand if a designated safe complies with that policy
- OZ SAFE can provide additional information through professionals within this field.
- Peak temperatures in a home fire range between 427 and 649 degrees Centigrade.
- Typically the time to bring a home fire under containment is estimated at 15 to 30 minutes.
- Paper chars at approximately 206°.To protect paper documents, the temperature inside a safe must remain below 177° while being exposed to the conditions of the fire. Thus at a minimum, a safe should provide enough fire resistance to keep the maximum internal temperature of the safe below 177°, when exposed to external temperatures of 649° for 30 minutes.
- Most people don’t realize that there are two types of fire safes on the market today. Those for paper document storage (insurance papers, wills, checks, receipts, etc) and those for data storage or computer media. Once you’ve decided what you are storing, then you can determine the price range you will be looking at.
WHY BUY FROM OZ SAFE?
The number one reason to buy your safes and security products from OZ SAFE is Value . With the array of poorly made, so-called, "security products" that are available on the market, OZ SAFE makes it their mission to bring you affordable products meant to enrich your lifestyle and deliver you complete peace of mind. And we're proud to be able to pass those key values on to you, with superior products, superior service, and prices our competition only wishes they could set.
OZ SAFE are proudly manufacture in Australia to he highest technical standards and are solidly constructed to give yo the best standard of security to suit your requirements
Also, people appreciate our knowledge, with over thirty five years of combined experience in the safe industry, the senior team of Dinesh Bulsara - Adam Camm - and Nick Miles can answer any questions about exactly what you want. With your needs in mind they will help guide you in selecting the perfect product for your specific location and operation.
Probably the deciding factor for our clients however, is our personality! The number one setback in the safe business is return customers because once you sell someone a safe, that's all they need for at least five years. Therefore many companies fall into the habit of treating customers like serial numbers or sales orders. Children of previous purchasers now deal with OZ SAFE. At OZSAFE we treat customers like people, because - Its a far greater concept to "Be Safe - Not Sorry"